Lead Hardware EngineerHertfordshire, UK Senior
Sign up now to apply for this job.APPLY NOW
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a pioneer British consumer electronics company based in Hertfordshire. The company aims to bridge the worlds of music and radio through a combination of beautifully-crafted design, stunning audio quality and seamless connectivity.
As suitable candidate will share our passion of delivering high quality, considered audio products for which care and attention to delivering benefits that matter to the customer is paramount. The 'Lead Hardware Engineer' will want to take ownership of the product hardware design and enjoy collaborating with a small and talented team of product marketers, audio designers, industrial designers, and software engineers to deliver outstanding products on time and on budget. They will also need to exhibit an ability to work with 3rd party manufacturing partners, and be diligent in accurate documentation and process driven systems to ensure the highest quality communications, consistency and professional standards.
This role will suit a hands-on team player who takes great pride in delivering products that delight customers.
As a Lead Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for managing product development, R&D for new products and management of a small hardware and audio engineers. Key responsibilities are:
- Product research into, and evaluation of hardware solutions, Hardware alterations and modifications
- Design approval, System Verification Test and integrity reviews
- Topology, Schematic, Layout reviews
- RF performance, Emissions controls, and solutions
- Design for manufacture (DFM) including alternative component selections
- Product test and debug to meet market needs
- Input into technical strategy, including platform design processes / improvements / specification & tools
- Liaison with 3rd party engineers and technology providers
- Evolve both digital and analogue subsystems.
- Evaluation of competitor products
- Work with software teams to establish prototypes
- Audit qualification & compliance (e.g. quality, safety)
- Lead product into mass production
- A degree in electronics or associated subject
- Thorough knowledge of Platform design, including Hardware and Software design patterns and interactions, Electronics sub-system (Analogue & Digital)
- Familiar with design of consumer, audio or RF products
- System test and qualification
- Design tools & CAD system, e.g. Cadence or similar
- Knowledge of CE/EMC regulations (UL/ETL/CE/LVD/EMC etc) and design countermeasures
- Knowledge and experience of collaborative development tools (e.g Confluence / Jira)
- Relevant knowledge of designing cost optimised consumer electronics products.
- Audio design skills
- RF design knowledge (radio receivers, WiFi, Bluetooth)
- An interest in RF, audio or music
- An energetic, inspirational, and challenging leader
- Approachable with motivating communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent personal organisation with effective prioritisation and time management skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Hybrid Working
- 25 days of annual leave plus public holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Discounts on own products and other top brands of electronics
Skills required for this job:
- Work Style Hybrid
- Experience Senior
- Duration Permanent
- Job type Full-time
- Payment type Per Year
- Location Hertfordshire, ..
0 talents have already applied