Technical Support EngineerOxfordshire, UK Middle
£££ - COMPETITIVE
Sign up now to apply for this job.APPLY NOW
Are you an engineer with experience in Technical Customer Support? Do you enjoy travelling, living and working in USA, Japan, Taiwan, Korea and a few other countries while you get paid in the UK and all your travel and expenses are paid by the company?
This is a prime opportunity for a Customer Support Engineer to join a prestigious semiconductor company based in Oxfordshire, UK.
The Customer Support Engineer will be responsible for Installation and support of products at customer sites across the world.
- The customer support engineer manages the technical relationship between the company and its customers. Following training, the post-holder will be able to provide remote, and on site, support, to resolve customers technical problems.
- Undertaking overseas secondments to install new products, the customer support engineer will build and maintain relationships with customers, and local partners, whilst ensuring that our products perform at the highest levels of performance and reliability.
- The role would suit an energetic problem solver ready for a challenging international future.
- Installation and support of products at customer sites across the world, Spending up to 6 months living and working in USA, Japan, Taiwan, Korea and other semiconductor manufacturing nations.
- Provide support, remotely and at customers facilities, including fault finding, repair and installation of product upgrades.
- Managing the product acceptance process from installation through to customer sign-off.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and distributors; provide insight on customer opinions and priorities.
- Training, mentoring, and coaching of distributor service teams.
- Monitor the performance and up-time of all company products, both in-house and at customer sites.
- Write and maintain technical documents to improve faultfinding and installation.
- Collaborate with our Engineering and Production teams to implement and improve the reliability and ease of service of new and existing products.
- Experience in an electronic based, high value capital equipment sector, such as semiconductor, scientific instrument, medical device, or other high value instrumentation environments.
- At least 2+ years’ experience working in a Product Support team or Service & Repair role.
- Experience in a customer-interfacing role.
- Previous experience with lasers, optics or precision motion systems including fault finding at a system level.
Education / Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related engineering/ physics discipline.
- Able to analyse data and conclude a way forward
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Strong communication/customer facing skills.
- Able and willing to travel at short notice.
- Innovative and proactive self-starter.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Prepared to respond to customer enquiries outside of usual working hours.
Skills required for this job:
- Work Style Hybrid
- Experience Middle
- Duration Permanent
- Job type Full-time
- Payment type £££ - COMPETITIVE
- Location Oxfordshire, U ..
0 talents have already applied