Data ScientistOxfordshire, UK Middle
Sign up now to apply for this job.APPLY NOW
Do you have experience in extracting data through image analysis?
If so, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join the R&D team for a prestigious semiconductor company based in Oxfordshire, UK.
The prime function of the role is to develop the algorithms to analyse data sets measured by our metrological product to answer our customers’ key questions.
There is an opportunity to be central in translating the measurements made by our tool into actionable results for our customers. Join our hi-tech team and developing the advanced algorithms within a prototyped workflow and test to ensure they have the robustness to be handed over to a customer for their independent use.
- Writing code for the analysis of tool data, bridging the gap between tool data and customer interpretation.
- Ideate, design, prototype, test and communicate software components in response to identified technology/data analysis/market application gaps within realistic and defined timescales.
- Work effectively both individually and within an R&D team to fully understand how the context of the data impacts the design of appropriate data analysis tools.
- Work with engineering team to effectively transition modules from R&D to an engineering software team to facilitate rapid incorporation into customer-facing software.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- More than 2 years’ experience in industry in a similar role coding in data analysis software (Matlab, Python or similar) – Python preferred.
- Expertise in algorithm development where requirements may be specified by others.
- Experience of use of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML)
- Experience in 3-d data sets (such as SEM/AFM or other).
- Experience working with metrology tools in a regulated environment.
- Experience of similar role within leading-edge instrumentation, measurement, or advanced process tools.
(We’d love to hear from you if you tick some of the above – we’re not expecting candidates to have deep experience in all of them).
- Able to work independently, setting priorities for own work based upon the company goals and targets.
- Engages with other members of the company to bring the best solutions to the problem.
- Recognises the value that fellow company members bring to enhance own abilities.
- Supports colleagues with their tasks when critical to the company goals.
- Establishes themselves as the knowledge centre in own field.
- React and address both short- and medium-term issues and proactively take action to solve them.
- Focus on the company goal, avoid distraction, making timely decisions to achieve the target.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant degree, coupled with industrial experience.
Skills required for this job:
- Work Style Hybrid
- Experience Middle
- Duration Permanent
- Job type Full-time
- Payment type Per Year
- Location Oxfordshire, U ..
2 talents have already applied